THE STYLE AND INNOVATIONS OF CARPET FLOORING
AFS STICKERING: Carpet has come a long way in the last Couple of years. Today’s carpet offers you some amazing choices in style, texture, construction, color and pattern. You can now choose a carpet that meets any decorating need and still fit it into your budget.
Read on to find out more about carpet and educate yourself to make a wise choice. We can also assist you when you visit us. You’ll get the best selection and the best quality at a reasonable price.
HOW TO CHOOSE CARPET
- STYLE: The carpet you choose for your home reflects your personal style and your practical requirements just as much as the clothes you wear. Choose a style or construction of carpet that appeals to your personal taste and suits your lifestyle.
- COLOR: Carpet comes in many colors, from solids and tweeds, to berbers and jewels. Making a selection can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Trust your instincts in coordinating colors that enhance the design of your room.
- FIBER: To make the right fiber choice, it’s important to consider some simple questions: Do you have children or pets? Will your carpet be in a high traffic area? Will it be exposed to direct sunlight? Will it be near an entrance from the outdoors? The ideal carpet for you is one that appeals to you visually, and is also durable enough for your lifestyle.
STYLES OF CARPET
- TEXTURE: The most popular style of carpet. Slightly twisted fibers create a textured surface with traditional styling that’s perfect for any casual room. Textured cut pile carpet performs well in high traffic areas and is available in a wide range of colors.
- TWIST: Tightly twisted fibers create a curled surface with contemporary styling. Twists provide resilience and comfort for active spaces and are less likely to show footprints or vacuum marks than any other style of carpet. A distinctive and upscale look for bedrooms and family rooms.
- LOOP: Often referred to as “berbers,” loop pile carpets have a continuous, uncut surface that wears well in high traffic areas. Durable yet comfortable, loop piles are perfect for casual spaces with lots of activity like family rooms, dens and play rooms.
- PATTERN: Unique and expressive, patterned carpets use cut and loop pile combinations to create a sculpted look. Available in organic, trellis and geometric designs, this carpet can evoke a dramatic feeling of style in bedrooms and living rooms.
Your carpet will provide you with years of beauty and performance. The performance of your carpet will be determined by several factors:
- Performance Rating: The performance rating will let you know if a particular product is suited for the wear expectations of a particular room. Make sure you tell your carpet expert what room your purchase is for and your family lifestyle (kids, pets, etc.)
- Proper Cushioning: A good cushion (pad) will act as a shock absorber and transfer weight and wear from the carpet to the pad. This will extend the life of your carpet. Ask your sales associate or see manufacturer pad requirements for the correct pad.
- Construction: Fiber, density of yarn, yarn twists, etc. will all affect the performance of your carpet. All of these factors will impact the durability of the carpet as well as its look.
Your carpet purchase will enhance the value and beauty of your home for years to come if properly maintained. Here are some basic care recommendations:
- Vacuum Frequently: Frequent vacuuming is the key to the longevity of your carpet.
- Carpet Cleaning: Routine vacuuming will not remove all the dirt and particles from the carpet. We recommend an annual cleaning by a professional to properly protect your investment.
- Stain Removal: Remove all stains as quickly as possible. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions for stain removal
- Proper Cushioning: A good cushion (pad) will act as a shock absorber and transfer weight and wear from the carpet to the pad. This will extend the life of your carpet. Always use a pad specified by the manufacturer.